You have come to the right place… This page has all the travel tips, tricks and important information you should need, all in one easy to navigate place.
Of course you can always call and agent at Latitudes travel but if you prefer to do it your self or simply have a questions and you are to shy to ask below is great information about a variety of topics. We have also included a number of great links to other sources that we use and recommend to get the latest and most accurate information about important topics like, passport, travel safety & warnings and air[post & Airline statuses.
If after you've looked around and you can't seem to find exactly what you need please send us email, or submit your questions using the form at the bottom of the page and we will do our best to get you an answer quickly. You can also contact us anytime at (414) 433-4873 toll-free (855) 433-4870 to get answers too.
Helpful Travel Checklists and Planners
We can all use a little reminder or help when planning a vacation. here are some links to Latitudes Staff members favorite checklists
- Planning Check Sheet
- Pack This Check Sheet
- Cruise Ship Mobility Accessibility Scorecard
- Cruise Ship Accessibility Scorecard for Visually Impaired
- Cruise Ship Accessibility Scorecard for Hearing Impaired
- Information about Children Traveling Alone
What is Travel Insurance ? Simply put Travel Insurance is protection for your travel investment.
A travel insurance plan is a limited term insurance policy which includes a package of benefits intended to protect you, your travel investment and your belongings.
At a minimum, a good plan will provide benefits for:
- Trip Cancellation to reimburse your non-refundable travel arrangements should you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason prior to departure. Depending on the policy the reason can be important. So selecting the right policy is important.
- Trip Interruption to reimburse your unused travel arrangements should you have to interrupt or return home early from your trip for a covered reason.
- Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance to cover medical expenses and emergency transportation for a serious illness or injury that occurs while you are traveling.
- Missed Connection to cover additional expenses that you must pay to make alternate travel arrangements when a flight connection is missed due to reasons such as bad weather or mechanical issues.
- Travel Delay Benefits to cover your out-of-pocket expenses for meals and accommodations when you are unexpectedly delayed due to flight delays or cancellations or for other similar covered reasons. Generally, you must be delayed for a specified amount of time, such as 6 or 8 hours or more.
- Baggage and Baggage Delay to cover loss or damage to your baggage or personal items or the cost of buying toiletries or personal articles if your baggage is delayed for a specified amount of time, such as 8 or 12 hours or more.
- Some additional benefits that may be included in the "Better" or "Best" plans generally include enhancements to provide more covered reasons if you have to cancel or interrupt your planned trip.
Many of the "Best" plans also include a Cancel For Any Reason Benefit which allows you to cancel your trip, generally two days or more before scheduled departure, for any reason whatsoever and receive a benefit for most of your non-refundable trip cost. This is by far the best way to go and it generally doesn't cost much more.
Do You Really Need The Cancel For Any Reason Option?
Without this important clause remember not every possible reason is covered. For example, the fear of traveling or a change of mind or other similar discretionary reasons. The Cancel For Any Reason policy gives the traveler 100% freedom to cancel a trip for a non-covered reason, generally 2 days or more before the scheduled departure date, and be reimbursed for a percentage of the cancellation penalty amount (such as 50% 75% maybe 80%). Of course, if a trip is canceled for a covered reason, then reimbursement would be at 100% of the cancellation penalty amount under the Trip Cancellation Benefit.
Many people only think of themselves when deciding to purchase travel insurance and this can be a costly mistake. For example it is not uncommon for younger people to assume that because they are healthy, travel insurance is not needed. But what about parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, aunts and uncles? Remember travel insurance covers you if something happens to you or to any of these people, causing you to cancel your trip.
Also you may be healthy now but all too often injuries from an active lifestyle can suddenly appear, like a broken foot from playing softball or volleyball, losing your job, death of a friend or family member. Insurance can also help you cover extra costs of getting home if you unfortunately get injured while on vacation.
- Acceptable Identification at the Checkpoint
- How to Get Through the Line Faster
- Liquid Rules: 3-1-1 for Carry-ons
- Permitted and Prohibited Items...
"Can I Bring My...?"
- Screening for Passengers 75 and Older
- Traveling with Food or Gifts
- General Information - The TSA / What they do.
(Links take you to State Department's Official Web-site)
- General Information - State DepartmentThe Passport Card - The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by Air or Cruise Ship
- Applying for a U.S. Passport from Outside the United States
- Find out about processing times
- Find out about passport fees
- Need a Passport in a Hurry? Learn how to Expedite your application
- Already applied? Check the status of your application
- Rush My Passport - RushMyPassport.com is registered, but not affiliated, with the US Government.
They charge an additional fee to expedite your passport in 1-12 days depending upon the service you choose.
All of these Checklists are PDF's Documents - a PDF viewer is required
Special Needs Check lists for helping to select a Cruise Line and Ship
Not all cruise lines and ships are created equally. These checklists are very helpful to make sure all of your special needs will b
- Cruise Ship Accessibility for Mobility Special needs
- Cruise Ship Accessibility for Hearing Impaired Special Needs
- Cruise Ship Accessibility for Visually Impaired Special Needs
Airports & Flight Status Information
Latitudes Travel agents favorite app is Flight Travel Pro - http://www.mobiata.com/apps/flighttrackpro-iphone
A Great Free web-based service is Flight Stats. Great info, cool maps plus great information about airports and more http://www.flightstats.com
Safe Travel Tips
Travel Warnings from US State Department
Travel Warnings are issued when long-term, protracted conditions that make a country dangerous or unstable lead the State Department to recommend that Americans avoid or consider the risk of travel to that country. A Travel Warning is also issued when the U.S. Government's ability to assist American citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate or because of a drawdown of its staff.
Click Here Now to get a list of the latest Travel Warning issued by the State Department (opens a new window )